Friday, January 15, 2010

Concrete Bathtub Should I Have Concrete Under My Bathtub? This Home Is 5 Years Old And I've Had Many Problems With It.?

Should I have concrete under my bathtub? This home is 5 years old and I've had many problems with it.? - concrete bathtub

First, my house is on a concrete slab and I am one of the outer wall fiberglass tanks meeting with the ground. A few weeks ago I noticed that the water in my bathtub emerging and thought I realized that the problem was that the flight had a leak. Yesterday I decided to tackle the problem and open to the plaster wall on the other side of the trough. To my horror, was in the plaster mold and an ant along the pipes. Even in my bathtub, there was no concrete. From what I can tell, there was nothing but sand on Earth. This is normal!? I ran the water and could not see the leak is a leak so I'm back to square 1 and will probably open the entire wall. Here are some questions that I would not have concrete under my bathtub? Can not be damaged mold / mildew? Does my warranty cover housing is it? It could be worse?

8 comments:

☮ Wild Thang said...

The sand is normal, so that the tub to be resolved and there are more points of contact surface only. I suspect the board has replaced the leak and just have.

To kill a strong mix Clorox soulution 70-30 and straight out of a spray or twice before closing a secure fit.

squall_u... said...

Remove the bath and I propose to replace the drywall too. If there is mold, do not resolve the mixture of bleach and water is the problem. It will kill the mold surface, but not the roots and the returns form. I had the concrete in the bathtub. It lasts and lasts safe tubs cracking new economic order by weight. Think you're in the bathtub and a bathtub filled with water.

Anyway, I am very similar to a problem. My flight was the valve behind the shower wall, but I had an access panel so it was easy to correct. However, I had needed to be drawn to take the drywall into rubble and found more water damage than expected. I ended up doing a bathroom remodel. Not because of water damage, but because the drywall was in the former not very good.

That's my, 05

Beer Drinker, Hell Raiser said...

The sand in the bathtub is not normal. It can be a problem with the waste line has been, the manufacturer pulled the ground and not properly repaired, it is enough to hide. If you ran the water and do not see a leak, which is also the shower head? Very possible there is a crack in the tub or a water leak at the rear end and not pipes.

I would call a plumber or a contractor and they have the tub and on the ground locked away, it seems very suspicious. What to do the warranty, most manufacturers did not five years in a house. Look at your past work and see if a warranty information. Take some pictures of the sand and with your local building department for a manufacturer to a house that is the code for sale chat.

William B said...

Yes, I will find the problem can cause health problems,
Pull the tub, theres a leak in some cases

maxheadr... said...

Yes, it specifically in the bathroom. Sand would be only a small field in which connections from the waste line. You can even fly through the combination of waste, but only if someone is standing in the bathtub. Another possibility of water loss can acrack the bottom of the tub because of the lack of support. I suggest contacting the contactor.Correct these problems and the shape is gone.

crash_ca... said...

the security of your home are covered, but let us not too long before contacting them. I think it is the moisture accumulation in the bathtub, the resources for current and condensation in the bathtub of his cunning in the use of the epic, when the soil is just sand in the tub .. which is indeed very strange for a floor tile. .

flea said...

Check the bathtub in the flow of the seal is known to dry out and leak .. I like the 2nd 1st floor and the roof damaged Stick

JOHN K said...

If you should have a bath in the gap in a bathtub or a bathtub filled with adhesive foam to keep the appearance of cracks.

Post a Comment